How to keep your heater maintained and avoid costly damages
As the weather gets colder, many homeowners shiver at the thought of having their pipes freeze or burst. Since burst pipes can be an expensive problem, it is best to be proactive and protect your pipes from frigid temperatures. One way of doing so is by having heater repair performed so that warm air can circulate through your home and help protect your plumbing. AA All Services is committed to helping our customers protect and treat frozen or burst pipes this winter season.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
In order to avoid having your pipes freeze, try the following:
- Wrap heater tape around the pipe. Be sure to wrap the tape between the insulation and the pipe for maximum protection. Using a type of built-in thermostat, the heater tape will keep your pipes warm.
- Keep the cold moving air away from your pipes by insulating them properly.
- Be sure to disconnect the water hose from any outdoor spigots for the winter.
- Open bathroom and kitchen cabinets underneath the sink to allow warm air to circulate around the plumbing.
An experienced Fort Worth HVAC company can help to protect your pipes and prevent any damage from occurring.
Treating Frozen Pipes
Once your pipes are frozen, you’ll want to proceed with caution to ensure that your pipes don’t burst and flood your home. Try the following:
- Use a hand held hairdryer or small electric space heater to thaw out the pipes.
- If the pipe looks to have a split in it, call for heater repair before thawing out the pipe.
- Copper or plastic pipes may split more easily.
Call in the Experts
The heater repair experts at AA All Services can help you repair your frozen or burst pipes in no time. We understand the inconvenience of having frozen pipes and make our customers the top priority. Call us today at 817-735-4800 to avoid further pipe damage.